State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world’s leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management and investment research and trading. With $26.03 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.24 trillion in assets under management as of September 30, 2013, State Street operates globally in more than 100 geographic markets and employs 29,230 worldwide. For more information, visit State Street’s website at http://www.statestreet.com .
Promoting a culture of excellence
With more than 29,230 employees across 29 countries, at State Street, our people are our greatest asset. We recognize that highly skilled, engaged and productive employees are essential to our success. Our company values reflect our commitment to employee engagement, Global Inclusion and corporate social responsibility — to help you build a fulfilling career. Around the world, we aim to be an employer of choice by offering competitive compensation and benefits, personal and professional development opportunities, and a work environment that promotes a diverse array of people, ideas and skills.
We’re a company that insists on, and rewards, performance excellence. We know our success hinges on attracting the best people to join us — people like you.
State Street supports flexible work arrangements where determined feasible, consistent with business and operational needs. Subject to an individualized assessment of these considerations, roles may be identified as potentially suited for a flexible work arrangement. Requests for a flexible work arrangement can be made upon hire. All employees at State Street have the ability to request flexible work arrangements, with the final decision based solely on business discretion and subject to management approval. More information is available here .
We encourage you to explore the possibilities that a career at State Street can offer you.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, citizenship, marital status, domestic partnership or civil union status, familial status, military and veteran status or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
The Quantitative analyst will be part of a team that is responsible for managing the collateral and credit risk associated with State Street’s Agency Securities Finance and Enhanced Custody programs. Reporting to the head of Collateral Risk and Credit Surveillance, the analyst is expected to contribute to various analyses including, but not limited to:
- Development, refinement and maintenance of dynamic margining models for Equity Long/Short, Convertible Arbitrage and Equity Swap portfolios.
- Determine and Validate excess collateral requirements for securities collateral in State Street’s Securities Lending program.
- Assist in credit analysis of borrowers and other counterparts through expected loss, expected shortfall, and EAD analyses.
- Conduct quantitative assessments of portfolio liquidity, diversification, liquidation costs and other risk characteristics.
- Understand State Street’s RWA modeling process, including the ability to estimate the RWA impact of changes in a borrower’s or lender’s portfolio.
The Quantitative Analyst would be part of a dynamic and fast-paced work environment with frequently changing projects. Adaptability and the ability to work with a wide range of counterparts, including sales, trading, relationship management and Enterprise Risk Management are a necessity.
- Masters Degree or equivalent in Mathematical Finance, Engineering, or related quantitative field.
- Familiarity with Securities Lending and/or Prime Brokerage products is a plus.
- 3-5 years of experience in quantitative risk management or similar function.
- Related professional charters (CFA, FRM) are welcomed but not necessary.
- Familiarity with regulatory capital modeling a plus (Basel modeling, VaR, RWA, etc.).